Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

"Ugly Sweater" Sweater Party Invite!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend! For today's post, I have a project for the Jiggery Makery blog. Adele has released a few Christmas digis for the month of July that I missed out on,
so I decided to use her "Kathy" digi to create a party invite.
There are a few versions of this image, so make sure to head over to the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop to select your favorite.
I wanted to create a custom "ugly sweater" for poor "Kathy", which is why I chose the blank version of this image.
With Christmas a few months away and "ugly sweater" parties becoming popular, I figured an invite would be the way to go.

                                                      Here's the pic for you to check out:



I used a sheet of white card stock and a DCWV Striped Mat Stack pad to create the invite.
The red/white striped paper measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and I trimmed the white card stock to be a 1/4" bigger and layered them.
I added some stitching lines with my white gel pen and then set it aside to work on the image.

I used my alcohol markers to color "Kathy" in and a DCWV Glitter Mat Stack pad for her sweater.
                                          Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
                                                          -Skin- FS5, FS9, CR3
                                                       -Hair- GB10, TN7, TN8
                                                            -Shoes- C04, C09
                                                        -Hat- RV19, E18, C02


To customize the sweater, I added sequins, rhinestones, stitching, baker's twine and a snowman brad.
Next, I fussy cut it out and paper pieced it onto the image.
I then cut the image out and used foam tape to attach it to the invite.

For the sentiment, I turned to my computer to create it.
I used the "Imprint MT Shadow" font at 22 and 24 pts to type "Ugly Sweater Season is upon Us and You're Invited!"
Next, I printed it out on white card stock, trimmed it down, and layered it on top of red/white striped paper.
Lastly, I attached it to the front using foam tape and finished it off using red sequins.

                                                              And voila!! Invite complete!!



                                              I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                              Thanks for stopping, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!!



                                  Please feel free to leave me a comment down below!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button