Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Quick and Easy Wall Hanging Project!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your loved ones. I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
I created a wall hanging using mat board and the newest digi image from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop,"Denise".
This project took no time at all to create and I think it's a unique way to use your digis to make unique decor pieces for your home.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


                                       For this project, I used an 8 x 10" Framing Mat board.
I mod podged a damask patterned paper onto the mat board and inked the edges using brown ink.
I added some stitching lines with my white gel pen around the edges.
With the mat board complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon
-Handbag, Shoes, Hat, Glove, Belt- C01, C02, C03



I paper pieced the dress and bow on the handbag.
I added some shading to the dress using my C03 marker.
I used Glossy Accents on the bow and belt.
I fussy cut her out, went around the edges using a fine tip brown marker, and used pop dots to attach her to the board.

To the center of the board, I added a printed quote on vellum that I found in my stash.
The quote is from Elizabeth Cady Stanton and reads, "Nature never repeats herself, and the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another."
I adhered the quote to a piece of white card stock, added a pink polka dot frame around it and adhered it to the back of the board.
I added a few rub on flourishes and some Prima flowers along the top finish it off.

And voila!! Wall Hanging complete!!


                                               I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                             Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button