Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

First ATC Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a relaxing weekend! I'm back with a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. This time around I decided to create my very first ATC card featuring the wonderful "Wavey" image from the shop. This is a great image to use to practice coloring hair and is a different design than what Adele normally draws. I really had fun playing around with this latest digi and you can find her in the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop.
With all that said, here's the pic for you to check out;


To create this ATC card, I used a few layers of white card stock and glued them together to give me a sturdy base.
Each of the pieces were cut at 2 1/2 x 3 1/2".
I mod podged some white tissue paper on top of the card stock and set it aside to dry.
I gessoed the entire surface, let it dry and then added some color using my Distress Paints.
I used Peeled Paint and Seedless Preserves.
I then stamped a scroll pattern using Antique Linen Distress Paint.
I stamped a few dots and added some splatters using black paint.
Once I was happy with the background, I set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon


I fussy cut the image out and went around the edges using a fine tip brown marker.
I used a few pop dots to adhere the image to the background.

I decided to create a decorative frame around the card using some black paint and Antique Linen Distress paint.
I got the idea for this frame watching a tutorial from a wonderful YouTuber by the name of RachO113.
Her channel is filled with whimsical art journal pages and mixed media art.
So make sure to check out her channel to see all the beautiful art she creates.
Once I had the frame done, I added some acrylic words along the top and bottom.

And ta-da!! ATC card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for satopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button