Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #118!!

Hey Everyone!! I'm back with another great Card Sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog, Card Sketch challenge #118:

This challenge is up and running now through April 14th.
So make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the wonderful projects created by the DT members. 
Our sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Stamps, who are graciously giving the winner of this challenge, 7 digi stamps.

With that said, here's the card I created based on this sketch:


I used ivory card stock as my card base and it measures 5 1/2 × 6 3/4".
I added a blue chevron paper from a Heidi Swapp "Serendipity" paper pack, as my card layer.
I cut the patterned paper to 5 1/4 × 6 1/4" and adhered it to the card base using my ATG.
I added some stitching lines with a white gel pen and a scalloped ivory border.
With the card base complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

For the image, I chose this adorable "Twinkle Toes" digi from the All Dressed Up Facebook page.
I printed it on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3 
-Hair- Yellow Blaze, Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna 
-Tutu and Shoes- HB1, HB2, HB3 



I added some detailing to the bow using a white gel pen.
For the wings, I added some Crystal Stickles and then Glossy Accents, to make them sparkle and shine.
Once I had the image colored in, I cut the panel down to 4 3/4 × 4 7/8".
I drew a swirly border around the image, and colored in the outer frame using some Antique Linen Distress Paint.
I then adhered it to a purple patterned paper cut an 1/8" larger.
I used pop dots to adhere it to the card base.

To finish the card of, I added an acrylic tag with the sentiment "Believe", some pearls and some Prima "Blue Hydrangea" flowers along the bottom.

And voila! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button