Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Quick and Easy Masculine Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to you all!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Two Paper Divas blog. This project is part of their new stamp release for the month of March, featuring some great sets for the special men in our lives.
The stamp set I used for this card is called "For A Special Guy" and it features two sentiments plus a trio of neckties.
These neckties are great to color with your alcohol markers, water colors, or paper piecing.
I chose to do some paper piecing using some Recollections "Bold Basics" paper pack.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used Craft card stock, cut to A2 size, for my card base.
I added a 4 x 5 1/4" striped paper from the Recollections pack as my first card layer.
I adhered a sheet of coordinating polka dot paper cut to 3 3/4 x 5" on top.
I used my C01 and C03 markers to go around all the edges of the card base and layers.
I also added some white stitching lines to the striped paper.

For the neckties, I stamped them onto three coordinating papers from the paper pack in Staz On ink.
I added some shading to each one using my C01 and C03 markers.
I fussy cut them out and added some Glossy Accents to the stripes, dots and square patterns.
It gives the ties another level of dimension.


I set them aside to dry.

For the main panel, I cut a sheet of white card stock to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4".
I used my C0 markers to go around the edges and some brown embroidery floss across the middle.
I then attached it to the card base using foam tape.
I attached the ties to the embroidery floss with foam tape.

For the sentiment, "For a Special Guy", I stamped a clear label stamp onto white card stock and patterned paper.
I fussy cut them out and paper pieced them together.
I stamped the sentiment in Staz On ink and used foam tape to attach it to the panel.
To finish off this card, I added some brown pearls.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
This stamp set is great for making quick masculine cards for  Father's Day, Birthdays, or Thinking of You.
The possibilities are endless.
Make sure to stop by the Two Paper Divas shop to check out the other great new release stamp sets.
Plus the wonderful cards and projects created by the Two Paper Divas, Melissa and Gayla and the Design Team members.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button