Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

All Dressed Up Challenge Guest DT Spot!!

Hey Everyone!! I'm back with a Guest DT project for the All Dressed Up "Anything Goes" Challenge. I was very honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer for this challenge by Anne Lise Johannessen from the ADU blog.
Thank you Anne Lise!! :)
I chose this adorable "Love my IPad" digi for my card, mainly because she reminds me of my 15 year old.
She walks around the house carrying her Kindle Fire, wears glasses and Converses are her fave shoes.
I kept the card design pretty simple but I used a different card base than what I normally use.
Here's the pic for you to check out: 


The card measures 4 x 6 1/2".
I used a heavyweight document protector for the card base.
I watched a video on YouTube a few months back where they used a clear card base.
I thought that was a cool idea to try with this card.
I cut the document protector to the size I needed, making sure to leave the stitched line at the top intact.
To add some extra interest to the clear card base I made, I stamped some dots in White and Copper Staz On ink.
I then set it aside to dry to work on the image.

I printed the image out on white card stock.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, Dusky Pink, CR3 
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon 
-Shorts and Bow- IB1, GT1, Oceanview Blue 
-Pants and Sleeves- HB1, HB2, HB3 
-Jacket and IPad- C01, C03, C05 
-Shoes and Headband- C01, C07, C09


I added some Stickles to the heart, leggings and bow.
I then went in with my C01 and C03 markers to create some ground for her to stand on.
I also used my IB1 marker to add a shadow around the image.
With all my coloring done, I trimmed the card stock to 2 1/2 x 5 3/4".
I layered the image panel on black and navy blue card stocks and adhered it to the card base.


To finish the card off, I added some paper roses and a few sequins.

And ta-da!! Card complete!! :)



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button