Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Love With Your Heart Tag!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" to you all!! I hope your day is off to an awesome start! I'm back with another Valentine's Day project, this time as part of the Two Paper Divas Design Team.
This tag was easy to make and all the supplies (except for the lace) I used came from the yummy DT package I received from Gayla and Melissa in December.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a 3 1/4 x 6 1/4" manila tag.
I cut a piece of black and white polka dot paper, inked the edges with grey ink, and adhered it along the top of the tag.
I then layered a piece of pink patterned paper along the bottom.
I took a piece of blue floral paper and punched a scallop edge using my Fiskars "Threading Water" punch.
I adhered it to the sides of the tag using my ATG gun.

For the birds and watering can, I used the Seed Packet Accessories #1 stamp set.
I first stamped the birds on the tag and then on some patterned paper.
I cut them out, paper pieced them and adhered them to the tag.

To get a mirror image, so that the birds face each other, I learned a cool trick from the Ellen Hutson YouTube channel.
Ink your stamp and stamp it on a solid stamp, I used a circle stamp for this trick.
Then you stamp it on your patterned paper.
FYI: The image will be lighter than the original, but you can darken the lines using a black marker.
 And then you have a mirror image of the original.

For the watering can, I stamped it on a piece of adhesive foil paper and fussy cut it out.
I added blue patterned paper and a bow to dress it up a bit.
I then removed the backing and attached it to the tag.


To finish the tag off, I added two layers of lace trim along the bottom.
I wrapped some pink embroidery floss and tied it in a bow.
I punched out some hearts from pink patterned paper and used pop dots to adhere them.
For the sentiment, I used the "Love with your Heart" stamp, inked only the top portion and stamped it on white card stock.
I then cut the words apart, inked the edges with grey ink and attached them to the tag.
As a final touch, I added a few silver sequins.

And ta-da!! Tag complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button