Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump"Day to you all!! I'm back with a project for the Party Time Tuesdays blog, as part of their first Anything Goes Challenge of 2015. So make sure to head over to the PTT blog to play along.
For my project, I created a birthday card featuring the beautiful "Marie Antoinette" digi stamp from the Aurora Wings shop.
I enjoyed coloring this image over the holiday break.
I think she turned out lovely but I'll let you decide that for yourself.
I kept the coloring pretty light to invoke the style of her time.
I used soft blues, greys and purples with a pop of pink in a few spots.
Here's the pic for you to check out.
The card base measures 6×6 3/4" and is made from a sheet of patterned Craft card stock.
For the card panel, I adhered a sheet of Prima "Something Blue" 6×6 patterned paper.
I added some scalloped borders on either side of the paper before adding it to the card base.
I inked around the edges using "Creamy Caramel" ink from Stampin Up.
Next, I printed out the image on white card stock and used my Spectrum Noir and Copic markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, FS4, FS5, R20
-Hair- C01, C03,C05
-Dress- IB1, GT1, Oceanview Blue, HB1, HB2, HB3
-Roses and Cupcake- RV14, RV19, E13, E18
I used Liquid Pearls in Bisque to fill in the bracelet and pearl strands in her hair.
I then fussy cut her out and went around the edges using my brush tip marker.
I wanted to create the look of a painting to showcase the image.
So I cut a sheet of white card stock to 4 1/4×5 1/2".
I used my E13, E15, and E18 Copic markers to color the card stock.
I kept the color dark along the edges and lighter as you go towards the center.
I then cut strips of Craft into 4- 1/4" strips, dry embossed it, inked it with dark brown ink and added gold leaf to the embossed areas.
I adhered the strips to the colored background and used foam tape to attach it to card base at an angle.
I glued the image to the inside of the frame to complete the look.
All that was left to do now was to add the embellishments and sentiment.
I used a bottle cap charm, flowers, rhinestones, heart buttons, lace and ribbons to dress this card up.
For the sentiment "Let them eat cake", I printed it from my computer, cut the words apart, inked them and arranged them on the card.
And voila!! card complete!!
I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)
I'll be entering this card into the Aurora Wings "All That Glitters" Challenge.