Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Panda Tag!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start!! For today's post, I have a tag I created for my daughter as part of a DT Spotlight for the Kitty Bee Designs blog.
I used this adorable "IPod Panda" from the Kitty Bee Designs Shop.
My daughter is a panda fanatic so I thought this would be a good image to use to make an inspirational tag for her.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


To begin this project, I made a custom tag from a sheet of Kraft card stock.
The tag measures 3 3/4 x 4 3/4".
I cut a sheet of patterned paper from a DCWV Stack 8 pack at 3 1/2 x 4 1/2" and layered it on top.
I added some white stitch lines around the tag and set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image out on white card stock and colored it in using my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:
- Face and Tummy: C03, R20
- Shirt: Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue, Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown, Tiki Hut Tan
- IPod- C05, C07

I added some details to the headphones, to match a pair my daughter owns, using a black fine tip marker.
I drew a pair of eyeglasses, cut them out and glued them to the panda's face.
I then fussy cut the image out, leaving a 1/8" white border around it.
I used foam tape to adhere the image to the tag.


I stamped the "You Are" at the top of the tag in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
For the other sentiments, I used some vellum word stickers.
I placed them on a strip of white card stock, cut around them and glued them onto the tag.
To finish it off, I added some embroidery floss and sequins.

And voila!! tag complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Wednesday and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button