Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #106!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I'm back with another great Card Sketch Challenge from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's Card Sketch #106:


 Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out the wonderful cards created by the DT members.
There's some great prizes for you to win from our sponsors: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack and Aurora Wings, $10 Prize Pack of Digi Stamps.
Aurora Wings so gracioiusly gave the DT members some of their beautiful digi stamps to use on their cards.
The image I chose to work with for my project is called "Masquerade".

And without further delay, here's the pic of the card I created:


The card base is a sheet of Kraft card stock measuring 4 1/2 x 7 1/2", when folded.
I went around the edges with a grey ink and added a pink card panel on top, measuring 4 1/4 x 7 1/4".
With the card base complete, I set to work on the image.

I printed the image onto a sheet of watercolor paper.
I used my watercolor markers from Recollections and Tim Holtz to color it in.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:

- Skin: Distress Marker in Tattered Rose, Light Pink
- Eyes and Lips: Distress Marker in Shabby Shutters, Brown, Light Pink, Mid Pink
- Hair: Recollections in Brown, Dark Brown
- Mask: Light Pink, Mid Pink
- Feathers: Dusty Purple, Seafoam, Light Blue
- Roses: Distress Marker in Victorian Velvet

To add a little more dimension to the image, I used some Liquid Pearls in Bisque and Lavender Lace to fill in the dots on the mask and around the face.
Once I had the image complete, I cut it down to 4 1/8 x 7 1/8", inked the edges in grey and used foam tape to adhere it to the card base.


For the embellishments, I added some paper roses, a few resin pieces that I sponged in silver and some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon. 
To finish off the card, I cut a 1 1/2" banner from white card stock, stamped the sentiment "Thanks" and adhered it to the card.
I also added a few sequins here and there.


And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Thursday and Peace!! :)

I will be entering this card into the Aurora Wings "Heartfelt" Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button