Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday "Fall Colors" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I hope your Friday is off to a great start! For today's post, I have a card I created for the Kitty Bee Designs blog.
It's for the latest Aloha Friday Challenge and the theme is "Fall Colors".
Make sure to head over to the Kitty Bee Designs blog to play along and check out all the wonderful cards created by the DT members.
And don't forget, there is also a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor: Stitchy Bear Stamps.

With that said, let's move on to the card I created using the "Fall Colors" theme:
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base is Craft cardstock measuring 5 1/2 x 7".
I used VersaMark ink and a few leaf stamps from an Inkadinkado mini stamp set, to create this border on the card.
With the card base complete, I set to work on the image

The image I chose for this project is this adorable "Out on a Limb Owl" from the Kitty Bee Designs Store.
I printed the image off on white cardstock and used my Copics and Bic MarkIts to color it in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Body- E15, E18
- Face and Belly- C01, R20
- Heart- Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown
- Beak and Feet- Summer Melon, YR04, Sunset Orange
-Tree Limb- E13, E15, E18

I added a few details on the owl's body using a white gel pen.
I then cut the image out and set it aside.

My initial idea for this card was to create a set of three polaroids with leaves falling from one photo into the other.
But my card base was not big enough so I decided two photos would do.
I don't own a polaroid die but I was able to make my own using a square stencil and a ruler.
I traced the square onto a sheet of white cardstock and with my ruler, just extended the bottom line about a 1/2".
I cut the photos out and inked the edges in a light grey ink.
The photos measure 3 1/4 x 3 3/4".

One thing I did differently when creating these photos, was not to cut the middle out.
Instead, I cut out two 3" squares to layer on top.
I used Distress Ink in Faded Jeans and a cloud stencil to create the background.
I inked the edges of the squares in grey ink and glued them down onto the photos.

I punched out a few small leaves out of white cardstock and used my Bic MarkIts to color them in.
I used some foam tape to add the leaves and the owl to the photos.
I layered them on the card base and adhered them down.
I added a few more leaves falling from the top photo into the photo with the owl.

To finish the card off, I added a banner with the sentiment "Happy Autumn", using a stamp and my handwriting.
And lastly, a few gold sequins for some added bling.

And ta-da!! card complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button