Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Layout Sketch #101!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your day was awesome!! I'm back with another great Layout Sketch Challenge from the Feeling Sketchy blog!
This is Layout Sketch #101:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along with us and check out the beautiful LO's created by the DT members.
And as always, there are some great prize packs for you to win from our sponsors: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling pack and Flourish with a Bling, $15 Gift Voucher.
With that said, let's move on to the LO I created using this latest sketch:


For this LO, I chose this black and white photo of my daughter and I from 2005.
This photo plus this sketch set the stage for this monochromatic layout with its pops of color.
The black patterned cardstock, I used as my foundation, came from a DCWV "La Creme" paper pack.
I thought this paper would give me a good starting point to build my layout on.
I really loved the bold floral pattern and with just a few embellishments I was able to put the page together fairly easy.

I went around the edges of the 12 x 12" paper with my Distress Paint in "Antique Linen".
I used some waffle paper, as a stencil, and sponged some of the Distress Paint in a few places on the page, to add some texture.
I layered a few squares of pink and black papers, inked the edges, and adhered them to the page using my ATG.
For my photo, I inked the edges and used foam tape to attach it to the page.
With the base of my layout complete, it was time to add the embellishments.

I used black polymer clay pieces, rhinestones and pearls in the corners.
I added a few pink banners along the top and bottom.



For the photo, I added some black polymer clay border pieces and black rhinestones.



Lastly, I added this "LOL" title I created using my Cricut and some Tim Holtz Grunge Paper.
 I thought the title was fitting for this page, it's obvious from the photo, that my daughter saw this as an opportunity to show off her goofy side.
When I showed her the finished layout, she laughed.


And voila!! layout complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your evening and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button