Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Handmade Harbour Sweet/Sparkly Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day to you all! I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable Memorial Day!!
For today's post, I have a card I created for the latest Handmade Harbour Mid-Week Papercraft Challenge.
This week's theme is "Sweet/Sparkly" and you can apply that theme to any project, whether it's a LO, card, or home decor project.
So make sure to stop by the Handmade Harbour blog: handmadeharbour.blogspot.com to play along and check out the great projects the DT members have created to inspire you.

Here's the pic of the card I made for your perusing pleasure:


The card base is a standard A2 size ( 4 1/4 x 5 1/2") made out of a sheet of Kraft cardstock.
For the card layer, I cut down a sheet of white cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4", sponged the edges in Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin Up, and adhered it down using my ATG gun.
Once I had my card base completed, I set it aside to work on the image.

The image I chose for this project is this "Teddies Hugging" digital stamp, one of the newest stamps available now at the Handmade Harbour store; handmadeharbour.co.uk.
You can find it under the *New* stamps heading and it's image number #554.
Before printing it out on white cardstock, I flipped the image from the original, so that the boy was on the left instead of the right.
I then used a combo of Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.

Here is a list of the colors I used:
Boy Bear:
- Fur- E13, E15, E18
- Shirt- Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown
- Pants- Misty Blue

Girl Bear:
-Fur- E11, E13
-Dress- Polynesian Purple
-Flower- Summer Melon, Yellow Blaze

For the background, I used light blue and grey colored pencils.
And I added a few details to the clothing and the faces with a white gel pen.
Once I had the image colored, I trimmed it down to 3 5/8 x 4 5/8" and layered it on top of a piece of neutral striped paper from DCWV Stack 180 pack.
I drew a frame around the image and added some square eyelets to the corners.
I used some pop dots to adhere it to the card base and as a final touch, I added a small heart.



(I didn't add a sentiment to the front this time but I will add one later to the inside.)

And ta-da!! card complete!!



I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button