Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Remember When !!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you had a great weekend! My daughter's birthday was on Friday and we had a blast celebrating with her. She loved the canvas and it's now hanging on the wall in her room. On Saturday, we all went out and just enjoyed time together.
Now for today's post, I have a retro inspired layout I created.
I had actually done this LO a while back but it didn't have a pic to go along with it.
So, last night I was rummaging through my childhood photos and found one that would work with this page.
It's an old school photo of me back in 2nd grade, the year 1982! Omg!!
Here's the pics for your perusing pleasure:


To start this LO off, I used a 12 x 12" sheet of white cardstock as my base.
I layered a 11 3/4 x 11 3/4" aqua cardstock from the DCWV Timeless Texture stack.
I inked along the edges with black ink and used my ATG gun to glue it down.
Now the aqua, pink, white, and black color scheme came from this retro ad I found in my stash.


The colors go so well together and it gives the LO a '50's vibe (although the photo is from the '80's).

I added a 6" strip to the center of the page using pink, black, aqua and light pink cardstocks and layering them to create this look.
I also used half circles in coordinating colors to act as tabs along the strip.
I cut down my ad to 3 x 3 3/4" and matted it on pink cardstock cut a 1/4" bigger.
I placed a square paper doily cut in half, on the strip, to act as my journaling spot.

For the photo mat, I layered 5 pieces of cardstock together and used pop dots to adhere it to the page.
I added a few punched hearts in coordinating cardstock to the upper right corner.
And used my ATG gun to attach my photo to the mat.


In the upper right corner, I added strips of cardstock cut @ 1 - 1 3/4", inked the edges in black, and added some hearts and pearls.
For the decorative band along the top of the page, I used my Over the Hill Cricut cartridge to cut this piece out of white and aqua cardstocks.
I added a black circle with a pink heart to the center of the band.
And I used a light pink paper doily heart to dress up the left hand side.

For the sentiment "Remember When", I turned to my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge to cut the letters out @ 1 1/4 - 2".
I layered some more strips of cardstock along the bottom to mat my letters on.

To finish off the LO, I added pearls, hearts, circles, and stitch lines to complete the look.

And ta-da! page complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
Have a great Monday and Peace!! :)

This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays Blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure you stop by the Party Time Tuesdays blog and check it out!! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button