For today's post, I have the completed "Frozen" canvas that I have been working on.
And just in time to give it to my daughter on her birthday tomorrow.
Here are the pics for your perusing pleasure:
The foundation of this project is a 11 x 13" stretched canvas.
I used papers in varying shades and patterns of blue and purple to build the backdrop for the dolls.
The papers came from DCWV, ColorBok and Michael's.
I tore the edges, inked them with a light brown ink and arranged them on the canvas using my dolls as reference.
Once I was happy with the paper placement, I used homemade mod podge to adhere them down.
The next step was to cut some embellishments from my Cricut.
I used my Paper Lace 2 cartridge to cut lacy circles out of black cardstock @ 3".
I covered the circles in VersaMark ink and clear embossed them.
I added them to the opposite corners and used Glossy Accents to glue them down.
To dress them up a bit, I added rhinestones to the centers.
I cut some snowflakes from my Teresa Collins December 25th cartridge in different sizes.
I used pop dots to give them added dimension and arranged them throughout the canvas.
I added some smaller embellishments such as punched snowflakes, pearls and rhinestone circles to finish off the look.
For the title, I went with the popular song from the movie "Let It Go".
I used my Paper Lace 2 cartridge again to cut these letters @ 1 1/2".
I clear embossed them, used gel pens to add some highlights and glued them down with Glossy Accents.
All that was left to do was add my dolls to the completed canvas background.
When I was creating these dolls, I didn't really measure anything.
I just drew them out, made templates, cut the papers and put them together.
But for some reason, my Anna doll was a whole head taller than my Elsa.
Yikes! I thought I was going to have to redo Anna in a smaller size to match her sister.
So I grabbed the canvas I was using and started playing around with the placement.
I decided to put Elsa in the background and Anna in the foreground.
And I think it turned out well in the end.
I added a vellum cape to Elsa's dress and used Glossy Accents to glue her down.
For Anna, I went with foam tape as my adhesive.
The foam tape added just the right amount of thickness to lift her off the canvas and give the appearance that she's glancing back at her sister.
And ta-da! project complete!!
I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
This was truly a labor of love for me and I had fun creating these paper dolls.
The true test comes tomorrow when my baby opens this gift.
I'll end this post here for now and wish you all a great day!!