Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #85!!

Hey Everyone!!  Happy Tuesday to you all!!
For today's post, I have a card I made for the latest Card Sketch challenge over at the Feeling Sketchy blog: http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com/.
This is Card Sketch #85:
                                       
                                             

Our sponsors for this challenge are Molossi and Trinket Track.
Make sure you swing by the Feeling Sketchy blog to link up your project and check out the awesome cards the other DT members have created.

Here is the card I made based on the sketch:


I started with a standard A2 size white card base.
I layered a piece of black cardstock cut @ 3 7/8" x 5 1/4".
I cut another layer out of white cardstock @ 3 3/4" x 5" to layer on top.
I divided my cardstock into two sections.
For the left hand side, I used a stencil I cut from my Paper Lace 2 cartridge and some Key West acrylic paint, to create this floral pattern.
I painted the right hand side with the same paint color and used my washi tape to ensure I get a straight edge.

Once the paint was dry, I took some black embroidery floss wrapped it a few times and used my ATG gun to adhere to the card.
For the trinket, I took a round metal edge tag, added the pieces left over from the stencil to recreate the flower and added a piece of black embroidery floss tied in a bow.
I used foam tape to attach it.

I used an Inkadinkado stamp set for the "Get Well Soon" sentiment and added a few Recollections pearls to add a little bling


And voila! card complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I had fun creating this simple card to share with you all.
I look forward to seeing your creations!
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button