Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Make It Monday Challenge #10!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday!! Hope your day is off to a great start! For today's project, I have a layout I created using the Make It Monday Sketch over at thememorynest.com. I had a lot fun playing with this sketch. I decided to use photos of my oldest daughter from when she was a newborn to 7 years old. I think it's a fun way to see how your child has changed and grown over the years.
Here are the pics for your perusal:


To create this layout, I used a 12x12" sheet of pink cardstock as my base.
For the background, I mixed some pearl pigment powder with water and flicked the color onto the page using a paintbrush.
I cut a sheet of black cardstock to create three photo strips for the background.
I cut them at 1 x10" and using a 1" square punch to punch the openings where the photos would go.
To finish them off, I backed the photo strips onto a sheet of vellum and used my ATG gun to adhere them to the base.



I cut some hearts on my Cricut in varying sizes from an 1" - 3" out of pink, black, white patterned and black patterned cardstocks. 
I added them to the upper right corner, on the photo strips and to frame the layout.
I used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching lines to the black and pink hearts.
I used Recollections Pearls to add some interest and finish off the page.


For the main strips containing the photos, I selected a few of my fave pics and cut them down to about 1 3/4 × 2".
I used my ATG gun to adhere them to a strip of white cardstock. 
I then trimmed along the edges leaving a 1/4" border all the way around.
I used foam tape to attach my photo strips to the layout.
Lastly, I added a dimensional sticker with the sentiment"My Sunshine" from an Anna Griffin scrapbook kit for my title.

And voila! Page is complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I had fun creating it and selecting the pics to use for the layout.
I'll end this post here for now and hope you all enjoy your evening! 
Peace!! :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button