Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

"Love Banner"!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! It's been a busy day for me here. I was helping my daughter make Valentine's cards for her class. She decided on giving out handmade cards this year with two different styles: one for the girls and one for the boys. They're turning out pretty nice and we are halfway done. I found time in between helping her to make a project of my own to share with you all. I have been inspired by all the great Valentine's banners I've been seeing popping up everywhere these days. So I figured I would make a banner of my own. I think it turned out nice but as always I'll leave that up to you to decide. Here are the pics for your perusing pleasure:



To start this banner off, I began by cutting a triangle template on my Cricut @ 5 1/2" from my George and Basic Shapes cartridge. I traced the template onto a piece of white cross stitch fabric and used my X-Acto blade to cut it out.
Once I had my pieces cut, I grabbed some heart stamps from a Studio G set and began stamping a random pattern onto the fabric using a Real Red inkpad from Stampin Up.
To make the hearts stand out a little more, I traced around the hearts with a thin black marker.
I set my triangles to the side so the ink could dry and began work on the other elements.

For the sentiment "Love", I used my Cricut to cut out the letters in black and pink cardstock @ 4".
I offset the letters when layering them to make them stand out from the background and used my ATG gun to adhere them to the triangles.
To finish them off, I drew some highlights with my white gel pen for some added dimension.








I wanted to fill in the spaces between the letters so I turned to my Cricut and my Rock Princess cartridge. I cut some birds on Layer 1 in black @ 4" and then cut the same birds in pink cardstock pressing the Shift button.
I layered the birds, added some details with my white gel pen and finished them off my adding pearls for the eyes.
I also added pearls to the banner for added bling.




To hang my banner, I dyed some jute twine I cut using a Real Red reinker from Stampin Up.
I also added thin strips of pink cardstock to my banner pieces to frame them a bit.
I then used Aleene's Tacky Glue to attach my pieces to the twine and knotted the ends.

*Here's a quick tip: I found that my fabric was curling at the ends after stamping so I ironed it. I used the steam setting and was able to get the fabric to lay nice and flat.*

And voila! banner complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
I'll end this post here for now so you could enjoy the rest of your evening!!
Peace!! :)





Pin It Button