Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Thank You Card!!

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend and are staying warm!! For today's project, I have a Thank You card I did for a sketch challenge over at mftstamps.com/blog. I heard about this challenge over the blogosphere and thought I would check it out. Once there, I was inspired by the creations they showcased based on the sketch. It was then and there I decided to throw my proverbial hat into the ring. I think the card I created came out nice but I'll leave it up to you to decide. Here are the pics for your perusal:


This is a standard A2 size card using Craft cardstock as the base.
I cut a sheet of white cardstock 1/4" smaller and adhered it to the card.
The damask patterned paper came from the same ColorBok stack I used for my paper bag album.
I cut it down 1/4" smaller than the white cardstock and used my ATG gun to attach it.
I originally wanted to go with just the damask patterned paper as a layer to build my card upon.
But I thought the pattern was a little too busy against the Craft.
So I opted to add white behind the patterned paper and the final result speaks for itself.

Now for the center of card, I cut another strip of white cardstock to 2 x 5 1/2".
I  then added a pink textured cardstock from DCWV cut at 1 7/8"x 5 1/2" to layer on top of it.
Another white cardstock strip cut at 1 1/2 x 5 1/2" was used to stamp my sentiment "Thank You" in StazOn Jet Black ink.
The sentiment came from an Inkadinkado stamp set I own called "Garden Flowers".



I added some roses to the left side of the strip that I stamped and colored.
The rose came from a Melissa and Doug stamp set my daughter got for Christmas.
I stamped the rose a few times on white cardstock and used my Bic MarkIt markers to color them in.
My hubby purchased these for me over the weekend as a way of getting my feet wet in the art of alcohol marker coloring.
These markers are OK for those who want to try coloring images.
The colors are very vibrant and there aren't as many color variations.
I thought for this image they would be ok to use.
I used Flamingo Pink and Rambunctious Red to get that pinky red color found in my patterned paper.
I added a few highlights with my white gel pen and some bling with my Spica Clear glitter pen.
I cut them out and arranged them on my card.


The leaves were also stamped and colored using markers in  Key Lime, Margarita Green and Forest Green.
I cut them out and arranged them between the roses.
I added some bling with my Spica glitter pen in Gold.
To finish off the card, I used rhinestones in either corner to balance it out.
And voila! my card is complete!!



I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I"ll end this post here for now, I have to pick up my daughter from the bus stop. 
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button