Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

The Return of the Paper Bag Album!

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend! For today's project, I completed another page in my paper bag album series. It felt good to be able to get back into this after doing other projects for this blog. I thought it would be difficult at first but I think I was surprised by how fast it actually went. I think the page turned out nice but I'll let you decide. Without further ado, here are the pics of the completed page for your perusal:

 
For this page, I went in a different direction from previous pages in this album.
I decided to forgo the photo mat and use the coordinating tag for photos.
I used paper piecing and stamping to create what you see here.
Here's a quick rundown of what I did:

 I used a sheet of patterned cardstock from the ColorBok paper stack "Delilah" cut at 5 x10". This is the same paper stack I've been using throughout this album. I kept the embellishments for this page pretty simple. This page had a great floral design and I wanted to highlight that as my main focal point. I cut the two main flowers from the same patterned sheet and adhered them to the page using foam tape. I used some Crystal Effects to give the flowers some added dimension. I then stamped sentiments throughout the page in Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin Up. I wanted to use words that would define what Family meant to me. So I stamped the sentiments "Holidays Together", "Days Together", "Life Together" and "Everything Together".

For the birds and the birdhouse, I used a Inkadinkado mini stamp set entitled "Summer Assortment". The birdhouse has some sentiments running through it that I thought were perfect for this page. So I stamped them onto white cardstock using Rich Cocoa VersaColor ink. I added some watercoloring and my clear glitter pen to bring them to life.

 
I cut the pieces out and used foam tape to adhere them to the page. For the birdhouse, I used a 1/16 hole punch to punch a hole at the top. I threaded some Linen Thread from Stampin Up to give the illusion that the birdhouse is suspended from the top. I added a few cut out leaves along the top of the page to enhance the illusion.
 
To finish off this page, I thought it needed a little more color.
So I used a pink polka dot sheet from the stack for my title and banners. The title "Family" was cut using my Cricut at 1".
The banners were cut at 1 1/2" and adhered to the page using my ATG gun.
I added some more sparkle using my Copic Spica Clear Glitter pen and voila! my page is complete.
 
 
For the coordinating tag, I kept the design fairly simple.
 
 
 
I used my clear glitter pen again to add some sparkle to the centers of the flowers and dots.
A sheer green ribbon tied at the top completes my double sided tag.
 
 
Here's a pic of the page and tag side by side.
 
I hope you all enjoyed this project.
It was nice to be able to work on this album again.
I'm hoping to have it completed before the New Year.
Fingers crossed!
I will end this post here for now and wish you all a great day!!
Peace!! :)
 
 
 
 
 












                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button