Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Fifth Page.... Complete!!

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had an awesome weekend filled with love, laughter, and crafting, of course! My weekend was pretty low-key. We rented tons of movies, had a movie night on our driveway Friday, and did some shopping. I got a few new toys over the weekend and I went nuts trying them out.  I also organized my craft area and found a whole bunch of stuff I didn't even know I had. I felt like a pirate finding buried treasure. It was AWESOME! Plus, I was able to complete the fifth page in my paper bag album series. Man, I wish all weekends can be like this. One can only hope. Anyway, here's the pic:


 
I love it!  There's shades of pink, yellow, teal and blue running throughout the page. Keep in mind this is still that ColorBok stack that I've been using throughout this album. For this page, I started with a yellow polka dot paper for the background. I layered two pieces of pink patterned paper cut at 1 1/2" and used my new Threading Water Border Punch from Fiskars to punch the sides. This border punch I got cheap at my local store and I LOVE it!  Now for the ornaments at the top,  I just cut those from a wavy patterned paper from the stack. I inked the edges and wrapped the top of the ornaments with linen thread. I used flower embellishments at the ends for interest. I glued two of the ornaments directly to the page and for the middle one I used dimensionals. I really love the effect these ornaments give to the page.
 
Moving on, I used some more of those paint chip samples to punch out small circles. I used coordinating colors and randomly adhered them to the page. I cut a photo mat to fit the page (3 7/8 x3 7/8") and punched out 1" circles cut in half to add to the top. I used more dimensionals to pop up the pink semi circles and used metal letters for the sentiment. For the awesome photo corners, I was inspired to make these from an Anna Griffin Scrapbook Kit I purchased this weekend. I cut a 1 1/2 x 6" strip of blue patterned paper, inked the edges and used my border punch. You score the strip at 1/4" and use mountain valley folds like you would for a rosette. Once folded, I cut the strip in half and attached it to a 1" circle. The addition of  ribbon and a stamped bird and my little fan photo corners are complete. Aren't they cute?! I LOVE these!
 
To finish the page, I added a paint chip banner layered with patterned paper that I used for the ornaments. I used glittery letters for the sentiment "Moments". And ta-da, the fifth page is complete!!
 
Here's a coordinating double sided tag I made to go along with this page:
 
 
 
I really love how these turned out! All that's left now is to add it to the album.
 
I hope you enjoyed this project. It was fun putting it together, using new tools and making out of the box embellishments, but the results are stunning. I will end this post here and wish you all a great day and Peace!!:)
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button